Safe & Well Visits

For those of you carrying out Safe & well visits could you please outline how these are generated? Are you receiving referrals through your partner agencies or are they being generated by the crews?

Thank you in advance of any replies?

Hi, yes we do them now. They are generated via partners by the Borough CFS dept. they are sent through to watches for completion. We are not allowed to generate them ourselves, as we did with the old HFSC, i guess there is a criteria which the CFS dept apply.

Thanks Dyson....They are just being introduced to Herts and we have been tasked with generating them ourselves! As you know they are far more personal than the old HFSC. Cant really get my head that!!

Receive referrals through partner agencies, all domestic Afa's attendances are offered one, we have access to Exeter data through medical partners (medical records-only names and addresses )through agreement which also mixes other data sets to give an at risk score of 1-10 ten being at most risk, the list (1000s of names) are then sent to station for them to visit, targeting the 8, 9 & 10 to start with-can either be knocked on door or leafleted to say we'll be back at ace retain time, with numbers they can ring, crews can generate themselves, and we have a free fone number and website which auto generates the info straight to station.

every fire must have a visit (obviously depends on severity etc)

My old station also had an agreement with the local housing association whereas they agreed to make it part of their tenancy agreement they had to have a visit....we didn't need to go looking they came in thick and fast- needless to say we topped the charts for visits as it was so easy, any that refused we passed back to the association and we soon got in!

id be interested in any targets various brigades have for this - in year one it was 300 per pump (500 per two pump ) but believe this has been vastly increased along with the premise inspections etc etc.

if you want more info I'll see if I can look out our procedure etc and pm you.

On 18/05/2017 at 05:55, Ian said:

For those of you carrying out Safe & well visits could you please outline how these are generated?

We've been doing Safe and Wells for around 12 months now. We have our own dedicated contact centre whereby partner agencies can arrange them and also members of the public can book through a 0800 number. To be honest, nothing much has changed from the old Home Safety Checks apart from the fact we now use a tablet to document each element of the visit. 

We also generate our own through whatever means. This can include fetes and other public events where anyone can request them. 

I won't go off topic too much as you asked how they are generated. but we are required to do 1 per pump per shift. So with my 2 pumps I am expected to complete 8 per tour. 

I have just noticed a job vacancy aimed at Community Nurses, Occupation Therapists in London, to lead the work training LFB crews in Safe & Well visits for Guys & St Thomas NHS Trust

The role is described as:

The post holder will work as part of the Proactive Care Programme supporting managers and staff across the LFB to develop their information, knowledge, skills and expertise to undertake Fire, Safe and Well visits.

Salary £46,897 - £54,983 p.a - (Somewhere between a GM and AC pay)

Nice work if you can get it!

http://jobs.gstt.nhs.uk/job/UK/London/London/Guys_St_Thomas_NHS_Foundation_Trust/Healthy_London_Partnership/Healthy_London_Partnership-v697694?_ts=1530

59 minutes ago, Messyshaw said:

Salary £46,897 - £54,983 p.a - (Somewhere between a GM and AC pay)

Competent SM commands £57k these days Messy.

25 minutes ago, Aspire said:

Competent SM commands £57k these days Messy.

And quite right too - but I was going on the FBU published 2016 national rates !

That being said, that is inclusive of the assimilated £5k London Weighting. I will leave it there for fear of hijacking the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Shropshire have now stepped into this area, starting fully during June/July. I have some prior experience of these from my time as a volunteer with GMFRS but our version is very much watered down with only a few additions to the current HFSV (though we have been told this will expand over time). They are generated by partner agencies and also by ourselves. We complete them by hand on the premises (soon to be upgraded to tablets) and then transfer the info onto our CFRMIS database where any signposted areas are automatically forwarded to the relevant agency. Not sure on target numbers as long as we get to the ones we are passed within a reasonable timescale. Any visits completed must be uploaded to the database same shift (shouts permitting).